Practices to Protect You & Your Home
The COVID-19 pandemic has no doubt changed our world, impacting the way we conduct business in the real estate industry. Everything, from brokerage operations to how listings are being marketed and the ability to close transactions, is requiring us to adapt to these extraordinary circumstances. Working together, we can create safe showings to protect you as a Seller as well as any Buyers or Agents that enter your home. Thank you for your trust in me during these challenging times.
PRIOR TO SHOWING
- Encourage buyers to narrow their property search through photos, virtual tours, and leveraging other technology to reduce the number of in-person showings.
- Limit in-person showings only to qualified and serious buyers.
- Discuss protocol for precautions that will be taken that are acceptable to the Seller.
- Require property showings by appointment, in lieu of open houses, to reduce the number of persons in a property at any given time.
- Request both the seller and potential buyers to self-disclose whether they have COVID-19 or exhibit any symptoms. However, note that COVID-19 is also spread by individuals who are asymptomatic.
- Limit group size and discourage non-essential parties from attending the showing.
- Ask buyers to remain in their vehicle until listing agent arrives at the property.
- For owner or tenant-occupied properties, request that the seller or tenant open all interior doors, closets, window coverings, and to turn on lights before leaving the property.
- Adhere to social distancing recommendations, and maintain a minimum of six feet of space between persons at all times.
- Avoid shaking hands with clients.
- Limit the number of persons who may attend a showing. Show property in shifts for more than 4 people.
- Require all persons entering a property to immediately wash their hands or to use hand sanitizer, remove footwear or wear booties, and wear a face mask or covering.
- Instruct buyers and others touring the home to avoid touching any surfaces in the home, such as light switches, cabinet and door handles.
- Instruct buyers and guests not to use bathroom facilities at the property.
- Do not share phones, pens, or tablets or other personal property during the showing.
- Wipe down any surfaces (light switches, door knobs, handles, etc.) touched during the showing with a sanitizing wipe or disinfecting cleaner.
- Wipe down the key and/or lockbox with a sanitizing wipe or disinfecting cleaner after use.
- Conduct follow up conversations with buyers outside of the property or in a ventilated area while maintaining a distance of 6 feet, or arrange to speak by phone or email.
- Offer to provide marketing materials digitally in lieu of paper documents.
- Use hand sanitizer upon returning to vehicle.
- Maintain a detailed log of interactions to enable contact tracing, to include names, dates, and locations of interactions, as well as a party’s contact information.
Please reach out if you'd like have any questions or would like to learn more about our new way of doing business. My goal is to make YOU feel comfortable and safe as we work to sell your home during these unprecedented times.